This page has moved to a new address.

Little mosaic lovelies appearing in new Stampington mag!

Glittering Shards: Little mosaic lovelies appearing in new Stampington mag!

Glittering Shards

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Little mosaic lovelies appearing in new Stampington mag!

This weekend has seen me doing the Wandsworth Artists Open House whilst the capital basked in this most bizarre but lovely 30 degree heat.

 

Lots of people came, 'oohed' and 'ahhed' at the gleaming glass art of Sally Dunnet combined with the shimmering mosaics of yours truly. It has been lovely meeting so many people who are always so happy to discover the artists 'hidden' in their midst! Same again next weekend so do come and say hello if you are around (we are number 61 on the map which can be downloaded here).
I'm still playing catch up after summer holidays and I have not had time to make more art. Mosaics being a slow art, I am discovering some things that I can make that don't take ages. One of these is mosaic stones as paperweights or mementos. I do love these little beauties that will be making an appearance...






...in the new magazine by Stampington Press no less (who publish titles such as Artful Blogging).  A tutorial for my mosaic stones will be appearing in the January 2012 issue of Create With Me magazine - a stylish publication showcasing art by all ages and projects for adults to do with children. This time last year one of my mosaic projects with children was showcased in Disney's Family Fun magazine too.  I see a little trend appearing!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home