This page has moved to a new address.

Paper art and lovely spring blossoms

Glittering Shards: Paper art and lovely spring blossoms

Glittering Shards

Friday, May 07, 2010

Paper art and lovely spring blossoms

Here's another of the activities on the great experimental art e-course I am doing...making art from paper, anyway you want to. Ripping, sticking and in Isabella's case, lots of scrunching.
She decided to do a picture of a tree in blossom with little balls of scrunched up tissue paper - so beautiful and effective.

I love the colour combinations in her girl picture and, as always, the gorgeous eyelashes! She told me after she did it that is was a picture of herself - and pointed to a photo of her on a shelf that she was looking at as she drew!

You can also see my two efforts at paper based art. The sprouting seed is actually from a sketch I did 9 years ago as an idea for a mosaic. I really enjoyed making it and may one day still turn it into a mosaic!

As an aside, this is probably the latest I have been up writing my blog (nearly 1am). My eyes are drooping as I type but I am desperately trying to stay awake to hear the first big results of the UK general election come in...I figured a bit of blogging and a bit of darning would keep me awake......Zzz...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I love these - especially the sprouting seed one...you should definitely turn it into a mosaic. Isabella's one is pretty special too! I'm impressed...1am is pretty late for you! How did you get on darning? :-)

    Love ju xx

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8 May 2010 at 09:26  

  • These paper art are so lovely! Have a lovely merry happy mother's day weekend! Happy mother's day to you! Love to you!

    By Anonymous jacqueline, at 8 May 2010 at 11:14  

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home