This page has moved to a new address.

Being a mother and artist- passing it on

Glittering Shards: Being a mother and artist- passing it on

Glittering Shards

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Being a mother and artist- passing it on

A brief hello to you all from our south coast holiday where we are revelling in the arrival of spring - blue skies, 16 degrees celcius and the smell, sound and touch of the seaside to revive me. Happy, happy.

Today, on the beach, Isabella declared that we will make a Family Picture in the sand. And so we did - for about an hour, all four of us! Loved it. Here's a preview - Perot Land Art, Part One! I will post more at the end of the week.

In the meantime, I want to pass on a link from my friend Dana, about a film that I heard of in the fishbowl last Autumn,  which Dana has happily reminded me about.

Who does she think she is - a film about women, mothering and art...oh boy! The trailer strikes a chord or ten. Hoping that I can gather a bunch of us Londoners to watch together...how about it? Pass it on...

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • oooohhhh yes! What a fab idea. I'll be there to watch it and I'm sure there are a few others nearby who would be up for it too.

    just made a miniature garden with Gabriel today (well actually I did most of it!) and love your little beach art scene - reminds me of a mini garden too.

    Amelia.x

    By Blogger Amelia, at 8 April 2010 at 20:59  

  • Just thought I'd come and say hello since I'm another arty mum. Haven't heard of the film before - definately sounds interesting. Your mosaics are beautiful - I always fancied having a go myself.

    By Blogger Jude, at 8 April 2010 at 22:04  

  • Such a great idea! Your artwork is so beautiful. Thank you for being such an inspiration! I am following your blog now and can't wait to see more of your work. Stop by my blog and say hello sometime. I love keeping in touch with inspiring artists!
    xoxo, juliette
    juliettecrane.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Juliette Crane, at 8 April 2010 at 23:22  

  • Hi Concetta. What great art! So sweet. I hope you do get to watch the film with a group over there. I am planning to watch this weekend. I will let you know what I think.
    Enjoy the rest of your trip.
    xo

    By Blogger Dana Barbieri, at 9 April 2010 at 01:37  

  • Love to see your land and beach art! And here's a toast to women who follow their dreams! :)

    By Anonymous Kate England, at 9 April 2010 at 10:14  

  • What a lovely day you all had on the beach. Family days are so very special.

    CJ xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9 April 2010 at 11:28  

  • wish I could come watch it with you!
    your land art gets better and better. can't wait to see more.

    By Blogger AG Ambroult, at 9 April 2010 at 14:54  

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home