This page has moved to a new address.

I did it!!

Glittering Shards: I did it!!

Glittering Shards

Sunday, May 09, 2010

I did it!!

Yay! I did my first ever 10K run! Here's the moment when I crossed the finish line.
 Despite being woefully under prepared thanks to viruses that just wouldn't properly go away, I decided I would do the run even if I had to crawl. In the end , I managed to beat the original goal that I had set myself when I was fighting fit and on top of the training. I ran the 10K (6 miles) round Richmond Park, with the Royal deer looking on, in 1 hour 8 minutes! Yay! I did the run in aid of Sri Lankan street children - read more about it in my original post here .

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • Congrats Concetta. That is a wonderful accomplishment!

    By Blogger Dana Barbieri, at 9 May 2010 at 16:29  

  • Well done x

    Just been given your address for a postcard swap - sent them at the weekend.

    Lou x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9 May 2010 at 18:58  

  • Brava!Wish I had the will! For now I am walking and strolling with my baby (note:thanks for joining www.musingovermosaic.blogspot.com.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9 May 2010 at 19:16  

  • Fabulous! makes me feel like I should really find my running shoes now Spring is here :-) Well done.

    By Blogger Alice, at 9 May 2010 at 20:34  

  • Congratulations on your achievement! Well done!!

    By Anonymous Kate England, at 10 May 2010 at 10:48  

  • WELL DONE! I'm just starting out with this running malarky with the aim of a marathon! You did it in a great time too! Well done! :D

    By Blogger Hayley, at 10 May 2010 at 11:59  

  • well done you! and you beat your original goal - you are a true star!

    Amelia.x

    By Blogger Amelia, at 10 May 2010 at 20:06  

  • good for you! Nice going, Concetta! I am currently preparing for a road race in honor of a friend that passed. It's just a 5K but it's ALL hills. I get tired just thinking of it.

    By Blogger AG Ambroult, at 11 May 2010 at 14:51  

  • Thanks everyone! Go for it Amy, Hayley and Alice, it does energise once you are out there!

    By Blogger Concetta, at 11 May 2010 at 16:23  

  • Concetta that's just wonderful! I'm a runner too so I know the wonderful feeling. Keep it up!

    By Blogger Ange, at 12 May 2010 at 22:57  

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home