This page has moved to a new address.

My Mosaic Exhibition in London...and online!

Glittering Shards: My Mosaic Exhibition in London...and online!

Glittering Shards

Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Mosaic Exhibition in London...and online!


I close my eyes at night and see tiles dancing. It  feels as though every waking moment not devoted to my children is currently devoted to making mosaic art for my forthcoming exhibition. And to this, I would like to warmly invite you!  If you live far, far away, I will be having an online version of the exhibition too - details below!
I have taken part in lots of group exhibitions over the last 5 years but this is the moment when I have chosen to fill the walls of an entire gallery with the work of my hands, my head and my heart (to paraphrase St Francis of Assisi). I am hugely excited, quite overwhelmed (and a teensy bit nervous...).
The exhibition will contain wall art, jewelery, some 3-d work, decorative gifts and lots of hanging glittery things (well, it will be nearly Christmas...!). So, a perfect start to the festive season.  My penchant for writing will also be sneaking into the exhibition, with poetry and prose alongside the art. I hope it will be a feast of beautiful things for the eye, provocation and amusement for the mind and some soothing and connection for the soul.
 
There is also a 'special guest'  at the exhibition. I have been working alongside the wonderful volunteers, young people and parents from the Klevis Kola Foundation which supports refugees. This team effort has resulted in over 40  mosaics that will be displayed, on the theme of hope. Many of the Klevis Kola gang will be at the Start of Show Party on 3rd December for you to meet. And there will be a raffle, with special prizes, to raise money for the work of Klevis Kola.  Several of the mums will kindly be making yummy international food for you to eat on the 3rd as you browse and mingle! So, here are the details:

Where
: Sprout Community Arts, 74 Moyser Road, Tooting, SW16 6SQ (nearest tube Tooting Broadway then bus 57 or 333 to top of Moyser Road).

When: the exhibition runs Tues 30th Nov - Sat 11th December (when there will also be a morning mosaic taster workshop that you can book onto) and is open Tues - Sat, 10am - 5pm. I will be there a lot (but not all) the time so do call if you are coming especially as I would not want to miss your visit!

Start of Show Viewing: Friday 3rd December, 6-9pm, to which you are warmly invited (feel free to bring friends). Come, browse, chat, munch international snacks and you may even win a prize!

And for those too far away...

I will be doing an online version on the exhibition on Sunday 12th December here on the blog. You will be able to see the art, read the prose, sign the visitors book and if anything grabs you, see a list of what work is still available to buy! Sorry that I can't send party food down the optic fibres though...


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Dear Concetta,
    I have been meaning to write. I am so excited and proud of you! Congratulations on your solo show! Please enjoy every second of this wonderful time.
    You are really doing it. YAY!!!
    much love,
    dana

    By Blogger Dana Barbieri, at 14 November 2010 at 03:01  

  • Looking forward to it! Your work will look lovely there.

    By Blogger Fabric Nation, at 14 November 2010 at 12:53  

  • Dearest Concetta, yipeee and hoooray! I am truly excited and so proud of you! Congratulations on your solo show! So happy that you are really doing it! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!

    By Anonymous jacqueline, at 15 November 2010 at 00:52  

  • Oooo the butterflies in your tummy must be fluttering around with lots of excitement. This is such a wonderful time, enjoy every second of it. Wish i was there, but love you are doing an online version so everyone gets to see the wonderful glittering creations. You have inspired me to think about the online aspect for my exhibits too. Enjoy the run up to your show, your exhibit will be amazing! xxx

    By Blogger Louise Gale "Dream-Inspire-Create", at 15 November 2010 at 03:50  

  • ah, I have all the details I could possible need here I can see!!

    You sound ready my dear and I hope it goes well, I will be there admiring glittery things - my fav! :)

    Amelia.x

    By Blogger Amelia, at 15 November 2010 at 20:36  

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home