This page has moved to a new address.

A very special commission...

Glittering Shards: A very special commission...

Glittering Shards

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A very special commission...

 
I must have looked strange, armed with a step ladder, a camera and two children in tow. Standing in the middle of a cemetery, looking...

Finally, we found what we came for, the grave of a dear man, Gerald, who died too young leaving behind two young children (one yet to be born) and a beautiful wife.  Back in April, I had met Gerald's wife, Piomi, who entrusted me with a most precious task, to make a large mosaic with six images depicting her husband's life.

 
So, up the step ladder with my camera I went on this lovely Sunday afternoon, to take snapshots of my work while the children ran around and played. Passers-by looked intrigued...

Finally, with Piomi's blessing, I can share the pictures of this oh-so-worthwhile commission.

A heart and yellow rose to represent love,

A cake and tools to represent what Gerald did with his hands,
 

A microphone and cricket wicket to show how he spent time with his friends,
  

And that eternal symbol of hands being shaken in friendship.
 

I am grateful for the privilege of making such a beautiful memorial to a dearly loved man.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home