This page has moved to a new address.

'I Will Rise' sold!

Glittering Shards: 'I Will Rise' sold!

Glittering Shards

Monday, June 29, 2009

'I Will Rise' sold!


"I Will Rise" is a mosaic I designed to be made at the Greenbelt Festival last August. Over 120 people were involved in laying down the tiles, from my then 2 1/2 year old Isabella to people in their 80's. It was a wonderful experience, done in aid of the not-for-profit organisation, S:VOX which Neil and I are on the Board of.

Well, two weeks ago, I Will Rise went off to its new home, sold to a beautiful lady, Ruth, who was very touched by the mosaic and its meanings. The money is going to fund the work of S:VOX, which supports people affected by abuse and violence. Do check out their site - they are looking for volunteers at all levels to be able to take this important work forward.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home