This page has moved to a new address.

Handprints revisited

Glittering Shards: Handprints revisited

Glittering Shards

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Handprints revisited

 Recording the hand prints of our wee ones is such an impulse, don't you find? I guess most of us have done the almost obligatory hand (and feet!) in the paint splodge paintings with our children at various sizes. Or plaster of Paris...or even casting them in that gooey putty that sets in minutes and gives you all the details of the lines on your hands (we had that done with both of ours, framed and hung proudly in the living room)
 But yesterday we rediscovered the humble photocopier. Remember when the photocopier first came out? (oh, you don't ehmm ok...). Photocopying body parts (nuff said!) provided much larking around in offices everywhere.

Well, look what all four of us did en famille yesterday! Tee, hee. Such fun!

I really like it and am thinking of ways we can use the little hand print copies...I thought some see through iridescent paint would be a good start, or collaging them into a tree? Any ideas? What do you think? And have you tried other ways to immortalize those little hands and feet?

Talk about collaging, I am loving the possibilities that Amelia's experimental art course has opened up for me. She gives us ideas and exercises for lots of different visual art forms of which collaging is one (its photography this week...so exciting!). Its not like the possibilities of the humble piece of paper were unknown to me before, its just that I didn't really think about it too much. Amelia's course has prompted me, inspired me and got me doing stuff and playing with art in a way I wouldn't have thought of. She's just opened up booking for the summer course and I really commend her to you - its really very good, whether you are already creating, a blocked creative or a yet to be uncovered creative person. You do the course at your own pace, at a time that suits you and as part of the course, you to become part of an online community to share your creations with - always a huge bonus in my book (**waves to the other experimenters who are visiting**!).

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home