This page has moved to a new address.

All I want for Christmas...

Glittering Shards: All I want for Christmas...

Glittering Shards

Thursday, December 17, 2009

All I want for Christmas...

This year, more than any I can remember, I am just sooooo excited about having two weeks with my lovely husband at home and all of us together, no work, no school. Just being together. I guess the first three Christmases of us being parents have been blurred by deep-boned tiredness and at last, that fog has lifted and we have two gorgeous little ones who are just so fun to be with.



I discovered last week, thanks to Kirsti's Homemade Christmas, that you can bake salt dough in the microwave (about 4 mins for several small decorations) so we got stuck in and made pretty things for the tree, including initials for each of our names.



This year has been the first time that the children have helped decorate the tree which was...interesting as far as Christmas tree decorating experiences go! They were so enthusiastic that I just had to let them get on and do what they were doing - particularly amusing when Toby hung 7 baubles on the same little branch (strategically re-distributed later!). Isabella looked like she had discovered treasure when I opened the box with all the Christmas decorations in and promptly set to decorating the house according to her own unique style. I cannot bring myself to touch her blu-tak bauble arrangement on the walls!



I loved this post on Simple Kids. It just about sums up how I'm feeling about Christmas this year.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • That is so funny about the post titles... We are feeling much the same way...our son is 4.5 and our daughther is approaching 2.5. We are now getting past the total exhaustion phase and the kids are so excited about all the Christmas activities going on. So fun. I love your daughters decorating! So cute. My little ones had a blast with the tree and also put the ornaments all in the same spot. So funny.
    Peace and joy to you and your family!

    By Blogger Dana Barbieri, at 17 December 2009 at 18:00  

  • Excellent! I think this is what I'll be doing with some residents at work this weekend :-)

    Isabella's blu tack creation is so sweet! Speak soon.

    Ju x

    By Anonymous Jules, at 19 December 2009 at 08:37  

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home