This page has moved to a new address.

Putting the brakes on

Glittering Shards: Putting the brakes on

Glittering Shards

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Putting the brakes on



I am in bed, under the duvet with a themometer in my mouth, trying to convince myself that I don't have flu (and very grateful for lap tops and wifi!).   I am aching from top to toe and shivery for the last two days - no runny nose, sore throat or cough thank goodness, but what I have is enough to keep me in bed and, let me tell you, that takes some doing. Ok, ok, I confess. Yesterday, I was trying really hard to not be ill so I sorted through all the kids clothes, re-organised their cupboards, changed bedding from guests who had just left, loaded then hung out the washing. As soon as my burst of activity finished I felt just dreadful, and duly got a right old ticking off from my dear husband.

I know I am not alone in finding it hard to stop. It just feels like there is always so much to do, and fun stuff at that. I don't want to 'waste' a minute. My dear friend Jane and I often muse that we need at least 3 lives to do all the things we want to. But truly, does anyone have some good advice for a organiser / maker holic?

Here is a picture of  intense oranges and blues that I snapped on Tuesday before I was strucken  down. It's the beautiful rowanberry tree in our back garden which I planted as a tiny sapling 15 years ago. I'm so glad I did as it gives us shade, berries, blossom and a home for our dear birds visiting the seed restaurant we lay our for them.

Ho hum, my creating will just have to wait til next week as even I can't make mosaics in bed!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry you are feeling awful, but you really will get better more quickly if you rest, so as hard as it is, stay put and drink lots of fluids. Have any good books you've been wanting to read? Hope you feel much better very soon.

    By Anonymous Jennifer, at 29 October 2009 at 17:57  

  • Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday
    Funday :-)

    I'm telling you..its the answer. Take it to your local MP!! :-)

    Feel better soon. Take care of you. xxx

    By Anonymous Jules, at 29 October 2009 at 21:13  

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home