This page has moved to a new address.

Mosaic School

Glittering Shards: Mosaic School

Glittering Shards

Monday, July 20, 2009

Mosaic School

View from my window!

Learning to use a hammer and hardie to cut stone

Design choices - as Sonia pointed out, all with organic whirls...mmm a prefernce coming out! This was the hard bit. Took me ages to decide but Sonia suggested not begruding the time it takes but to play with materials.


Decision made - a doodle I did a few weeks ago to portray an internal process.

Some of the yummy materials - Van Gogh glass - so hard to convey their beauty on camera.

*****
Oh My! I finally maid it to 'Mosaic School' as my little Isabella is calling it. I am exhausted but exhilarated by how much I have learnt in one day. I have battled with the process that happens before actually beginning to mosaic - what shall I do, what shall I do it with, how shall I do it. It has been heartening to see that this internal struggle is a common experience, not just with my fellow learners but also to Sonia (there is hope!).

I have also been so inspired by watching others in their process of gestating an idea, beginning to play with materials and then starting the exciting process of making. And, as always with mosaics, the variety of what is beginning to form is astounding.I will post pictures of some of our works in progress as the week progresses. At the end I will also post the most invaluable tips and ideas I have gleaned. For now, though exhausted, I am itching to get back into the workshop as as I am just about to stick my first tile - yipee!

The pics will tell their story I hope.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home