This page has moved to a new address.

Festival weekending

Glittering Shards: Festival weekending

Glittering Shards

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Festival weekending

Hi ho, hi ho, its off to Greenbelt we go (tent, food and frying pan packed, wellies and mac at the ready).

Have been going to Greenbelt since I was 17...now taking both my children and we are all camping for the first time. Can't see myself staying up for the late night comedy like I used to in years gone by...

A few highlights I am looking foward to:


Bobby Baker who began her art as a way of coping with mental illness and has expanded her work in a most remarkable way...


Shearon Caton-Rose's Mirror installation (me...like broken mirror?!). Could this be the biggest 'mosaic' in the world?

'The Selfish Giant' puppet craft.

Bit of R&B with Beverley Knight and maybe a bit of Courtney Pine if I am not putting kids to bed.

But most of all, looking forward to having lots of creative fun with my sweet family and hanging out with many beautiful people we know that also gather at this little patch of heaven once a year. Have a good weekend, whatever you are doing.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Greenbelt sound wondrful and the place to be! Wish i could go with you! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to yoU!

    By Anonymous jacqueline, at 28 August 2010 at 08:35  

  • What beautiful mosaics... Great to meet you and Neil at GB and thanks for the fried eggs! Hope you get to catch up on some decent sleep this week. Sam x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 30 August 2010 at 09:29  

  • sounds just too fabulous - hope you had a great time and I look forward to hearing your stories and catching up.

    am off to the West Country (fingers crossed) for the last week of the hols and chilling before I get stuck in to the third experimental art e-course of the year :) - woo hoo!

    Speak soon,

    Amelia.x

    By Blogger Amelia, at 30 August 2010 at 20:49  

  • It was a fab weekend wasnt it! I cant wait until Oli's old enough for me to take him! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10 September 2010 at 14:37  

  • Did you go Emma? I must say that it is a very differnt experience with children - tho they lay lots on for kids and families. ;)

    By Blogger Concetta, at 10 September 2010 at 22:07  

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home