This page has moved to a new address.

Holiday musings and an exciting announcement!

Glittering Shards: Holiday musings and an exciting announcement!

Glittering Shards

Friday, July 02, 2010

Holiday musings and an exciting announcement!

We are in Wales this week enjoying beaches, coves, caves, castles and LOTS of ice cream. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy beach combing for treasures. The stones on the local beaches are just beautiful, one type in particular is jet black and formed into geometric shapes by nature and very flat - perfect for mosaics.  I had a lovely surprise when we arrived at our friends where we are staying. Julia, who did one of my mosaic courses last year, had made this mosaic on her bathroom cabinet...how beautiful is that?

I the midst of it all I have snuck away to try and keep up with Kelly Rae's Flying Lessons E-Course on developing your creative business. I have just read the last post and it has brought tears to my eyes. Kelly Rae, as well as teaching sound and creative practical strategies for developing a creative career, has conveyed thoughts about our humanity and way of being that resonate deeply with me. Being in a bit of a hurry to write this post (we have a castle to visit this morning!) I can't expand on this right now but I promise I will in the next couple of weeks, sharing the key learning that I have gained from this wonderful course. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Righ now, I do want to briefly tell you about a thought process that I went through as a result of the course though. The first week we were encouraged to reflect on our goals. I was just about to put pen to paper and start listing my creative goals when something in me paused...and I decided instead to first pay attention to what I have already done, before focusing on what I want to do. You may know that 18 months ago, I  gave up my job to concentrate on my art. Being quite a focused, determined soul, I have the tendency to get things done and straight away plough into the next thing to be done. When I stopped and wrote my list of all I had DONE so far, I was totally shocked...it was so much and I hadn't celebrated all these small and big steps already taken, so pre-occupied am I with the path ahead.  So I have decided that I will regularly start writing my accomplishments into blog posts...did you see the post about my new creative business office last week? It was sooooo good to share this accomplishment here and to have others in the creative blog world celebrate with me (thank you!).

So, here's my announcement! From this Sunday and every Sunday, I will be hosting CELEBRATION SUNDAY on this blog.  A place where we can  CELEBRATE WHAT WE HAVE DONE, the steps we have taken, big or small, the goals we have achieved, any particular accomplishments or successes. I will explain more how it works on Sunday but simply put, I will do a post every Sunday, titled Celebration Sunday and you can announce your achievements either in the comments of the post or by putting a link in comments to a celebration post on your own blog.  I will be doing a grab badge for it next week but in the meantime please do spread the word...I want it to be a place where people can head over to celebrate the big and the small steps taken along the creative journey whenever they feel the need to celebrate with others in this wonderful, creative blog community. In the meantime, I leave you with a picture of my daughter full of joy on the beach - very fitting me thinks!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Hi Concetta - I love this idea!
    Also, I have spoken to a friend of mine who I hope is going to contact you re mosaicing -she is called Mel Larsen. As it happens she knows Amelia (small world) and is totally into the whole UK retreat idea. I would love to talk to you too. can you send me your phone number via facebook messages? xx looking forward to meeting up! Moyra

    By Blogger HowtoBEaCOOLoldLady, at 2 July 2010 at 11:40  

  • Wow, Concetta! Was it really only 18 months ago? I'm so impressed! And I'm absolutely looking forward to hearing about your accomplishments and cheering you on.

    And I love your friend's mosaic! Wish I could take one of your classes. Maybe next time you visit Finland you could hold a workshop of sorts?!

    By Anonymous Michele at A House Called Nut, at 2 July 2010 at 13:50  

  • the mosaic is beautiful! :) aren't u proud?

    and yes, great idea to celebrate accomplishments. sometimes we forget to do that for ourselves, but it's so important! :)

    By Blogger Kerri, at 2 July 2010 at 23:43  

  • I just have to say that I ♥ that captured moment of your daughter. She is just radiating joy. What a beautiful photograph!! :)

    ~Jennifer
    www.studiojru.com

    By Blogger Jennifer {Studio JRU}, at 8 July 2010 at 01:40  

  • Thank you Jennifer...I do lover her when she is in that totally carefree, happy space. Glad I had the camera to hand!

    By Blogger Concetta, at 8 July 2010 at 09:10  

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home