This page has moved to a new address.

Awe and gratitude of an immense kind

Glittering Shards: Awe and gratitude of an immense kind

Glittering Shards

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Awe and gratitude of an immense kind



Four years, almost exactly to the day, this picture was taken by my friend Salli. I asked Salli to do this photo shoot because I wanted to cherish forever, in my heart, mind and pictures, the utter amazing-ness of having another human come to life, grow and be carried inside me. I am still in awe, four years on. I cannot get over the fact that she is. That she is here. That she is here with us. I am full of gratitude for the gift of this precious girl, my firstborn.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • I love this picture Concetta! What a lovely way to remember such a special time. I am missing my firstborn so much as this is the first Christmas he won't be able to come home to be with us due to a slight visa snafu transitioning between his student and worker visa. Christmas Day is also his 25th birthday so he will be doubly missed.

    I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy every single moment because the years truly do fly past.....

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12 December 2009 at 20:57  

  • Wow, this is very inspiring! God bless.

    By Anonymous Free Samples, at 15 December 2009 at 01:47  

  • How beautifull...such gratitude...and love!!!

    Louise

    By Blogger Vintage Inspiration, at 15 December 2009 at 11:18  

  • Aww, that's cute Concetta - I loved taking them too xxx

    By Blogger wearescarlett, at 15 December 2009 at 16:24  

  • Thank you all for the lovely thoughts expressed here - they mean a lot, anniversaries of big happenings are so meaningful to me.

    By Blogger Concetta, at 21 December 2009 at 21:08  

Post a Comment

Always lovely to hear your thoughts...



<< Home